In the real estate industry, successful agents and brokers know that the key to long-term success lies in nurturing relationships and consistently engaging with their sphere of influence.
After all, most future business for top producers comes from their closest connections. Moreover, in today’s fast-paced and digital world, networking plays a crucial role in maintaining and expanding relationships.
Here are some effective and proven networking tactics that can help you strengthen your connections, generate more deals, and enhance your local presence.
As you review these ideas, think creatively about how you can make these your own or create something entirely new that also can help you boost your business:
Local Visibility and In-Person Networking
- Attend local events: Participate in community events, such as local fundraisers, sporting events, and neighborhood gatherings, to build relationships and showcase your authentic commitment to the community.
- Participate in local business groups: Become a member of local business associations or networking groups, such as the Chamber of Commerce, or service clubs like Rotary Club, Kiwanis, or Lions, to connect with like-minded professionals who could be potential clients.
- Become a local sponsor: Sponsoring well-known local events or youth sports teams demonstrates your dedication to your community and can increase visibility and potential business.
Online Networking and Social Media Channels
- Build a solid online presence: Maintain an active and engaging presence on at least one primary social media channel like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or Twitter. The key to engagement is sharing valuable content, such as market updates with local data, home buying/selling hacks, and community news that helps position yourself as a trusted local expert.
- Participate in online communities: Engage with local online forums, Facebook groups, and neighborhood platforms like Nextdoor to answer questions and share insights. Never be “salesy”, but position yourself as a go-to source for real estate information.
- Connect with industry influencers: Follow and engage with real estate influencers on social media to expand your network, learn from their expertise, and potentially gain referrals.
- Target other related professionals: On LinkedIn, connect with area trust and real estate attorneys, insurance reps, and financial advisers, as you likely will share many of the same clients, which can be mutually beneficial.
Leveraging Video to Accelerate Impact
- Create hyperlocal video content: Produce high-quality videos showcasing your community and neighborhoods. Or, regularly, share market updates, or create “evergreen” videos that offer specific and locally crafted advice to home sellers and buyers. Share your videos on your social media channels and website to engage your audience and boost your digital presence. Boost your video views on social media by uploading videos directly on each social channel, avoiding using a link to YouTube, as directly uploaded videos get more exposure.
- Host virtual events: Organize a webinar or a virtual Q&A session targeting specific groups like First-Time Home Buyers or First Time Sellers to connect with potential clients and provide valuable information. Promote these events on your social media channels, email, and website to increase attendance and engagement.
- Use video testimonials: Written reviews are great. Video testimonials are better. Ask satisfied clients to let you record a brief video testimonial with your smartphone or in a video conference call that you can share on your website and social media channels. This can help build trust and credibility among potential clients.
Hosting Special Events
- Organize an outdoor event: Host a picnic for your sphere, inviting past clients, prospects, and their families to a local park to enjoy a day of food, fun, and games. This allows reconnecting with clients and building rapport with potential leads.
- Rent a movie theater: Arrange a special movie screening for your clients and prospects at a local theater. This unique experience will leave a lasting impression and foster strong relationships.
- Host a reception at a local venue: Organize a reception at a local restaurant, event center, or brewery, inviting your clients and prospects to mingle and network in a relaxed, social atmosphere.
- Reserve a special section at a local event: Purchase a block of tickets to a local concert, sports game, or theater production and invite your clients and prospects to join you. This creates a memorable shared experience that strengthens relationships and increases the likelihood of referrals.
The Bottom Line
Embracing online and offline networking strategies is essential for real estate brokers and agents seeking long-lasting success in the industry. Finding the tactics that work for you – and your workflow – is the best approach. If you are a new agent, don’t feel like you must do all of these, but focus on a few that will help you best move the needle to increase your business.
By nurturing relationships with your sphere of influence and engaging with your community, you can create a solid foundation for future business opportunities. Whether you focus on increasing your local visibility, regularly engaging on social media, creating hyperlocal and interesting video content, or hosting special events, these are just a few ways you can effectively deepen connections, generate more deals, and expand your reach within your community.
And remember, when the time comes to process your real estate transactions, use Form Simplicity for a smooth, digital experience. This real estate transaction management software is a leading platform and is available nationwide.
Use digital signatures in your business
- Click here to learn more about Form Simplicity’s Ultimate Edition, which includes unlimited digital signatures and document storage.
- Interested in providing the Ultimate Edition for your office? Let’s connect.